Get Your Canadian Police Criminal Records Check
Criminal Records Checks, or simply Name Checks, are a quick, cost effective alternative to fingerprint based screening.
All of our criminal records checks are performed by Canadian Police Services.
Criminal Records checks are intended for applicants who are involved as a volunteer, employee or in any situation where a basic criminal background check is requested (i.e. retail, warehouse or immigration). This search is not intended for applicants who are seeking volunteer and/or employment with vulnerable persons. Our search includes Canadian national databases only.
Information is collected and disclosed according to section 29(1) and 32 of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Police Services act, RSO 1990, c.P.15
What are the required steps?
In order to complete a C.P.I.C. criminal record check the following is required:
- A Criminal Records Check application must be completed
This can be done at one of our many locations, or for HR departments, we can provide secure, encrypted software so on-going applications can be done in the comfort of your own office.
- Two pieces of valid identification must be presented
The applicant must produce two pieces of valid (i.e. not expired) identification that confirm his/her name, date of birth and address. One piece of identification presented must include a photo. Ontario Health Cards cannot be accepted for identification purposes (Health Cards and Numbers Control Act, 1991 section 2.2(1)). The following is a list of items that could be considered acceptable forms of identification:
Photo identifcation, which provides photo and both name and date of birth of an individual:
- Driver’s Licence or recent utility bill to verify current address.
- Government Employment Card, with date of birth
- Military Employment Card
- Age of Majority Card
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Indian Status Card
- International Student Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL)
- Canadian National Institute for Blind (CNIB)
- Non-Photo Identification: which provides both the name and date of birth of an individual:
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate
- Hunting Licence
- Fishing Licence
- Outdoors Card
- Hospital Card
- Immigration Papers
- Personal Information
The following information will be required: the applicant's full name, date of birth, gender, mailing address, phone number and/or fax number and/or e-mail address.
What will I receive?
Our Police Criminal Records Search may provide the following information obtained from the Canadian Police Information Centre (C.P.I.C)
- Outstanding entries (i.e. charged & wanted persons)
- Records of criminal convictions, as the records exist on the date of search
- Findings of guilt where a pardon has not been granted
For employers, it's peace of mind.
The results are always returned, via email, within 48 hours.